Tuesday, September 14, 2010



     You bought yourself a new poster for your bedroom, and went to tack it up, but you found out that you only had 3 thumb tacks instead of the 4 that you need. You looked all over the house for another one, but unfortunately you couldn't find even a single tack. You could easily have gone to the local Dollar Mania store to buy a box of thumb tacks, but why waste a whole dollar for a box of tacks when you only need one, and you could use that dollar to buy 2 of your favorite peanut butter and jelly donuts from Krunchy Cremes Sweet Shoppe instead??? You only get $5 allowance a week from your parents anyway, plus your poster has "personality" hanging off the wall with just 3 thumb tacks, right?? So you decide to leave things as is........

     UPDATE: Converted for Sims 2.

      The poster mesh, by Wo3Dan, is a 3D object conversion. I had to edit the mesh because the back of it was invisible, so I made it visible and now the folding down back part of the poster is visible. Plus I took a few parts off of it that I didn't need/like.
    
     Recolor the mesh, edit, resize, etc.... do what you want. I'd love to see what others do with this mesh.  If you'd like to recolor, edit, etc... the mesh, and would like to have the .obj file, Workshop file, .dds files, and UV map, download here:  http://www.box.net/shared/n9iuxmbgs9
If you don't need those files, you can just recolor from my posters. :)

     The Sims 3 poster set consists of 12 posters. I tried to include some that would appeal to both males and females, child - adult Sims. The thumb tacks on the posters are recolorable. Ok, hope you like the posters - enjoy! :)

     The Sims 2 poster set consists of 7 posters (including the mesh). Just delete any recolors that you don't want, but keep the mesh so the posters will show up in your game. Use the mesh to make your own recolors, and you are allowed to include the mesh with your own recolors.
     The 7 posters consist of:
     * The jacket poster (the mesh)
     * Blue monster poster
     * Basketball poster (Loup D'Adolescent)
     * Modern Science poster
     * Joker Madness poster
     *  Teen Wolf poster
     * Yellow monster poster


 
 
 
 


Extra photos of the posters in-game:

 
 
 
 


Sims 2 Posters Download:



Sims 3 Posters:










14 comments:

RD said...

ILY! I love this mesh SO much. I was attempting something like this but I couldn't get it to work. Thank you so much!!

Amanda said...

These are so Awsome! Thanks!

I have a question? Can I use the mesh if I want to make some posters also...or is it off limits?...if it is that's fine :)

I love your Know God section btw :)

Thanks again! :)

Sweet Ambrosia said...

Of course, Amanda! Anyone can use the mesh. I only converted it for use with the Sims 3 game. Anyone can use the mesh, edit it, resize it... whatever. :) Glad you like it.

Glad you like the "Know God" section also. Thanks for all of your compliments :)

Sweet Ambrosia said...

And thanks, RD. Glad you like it :P

Amanda said...

Oh Sweet!... I'm pretty much a newbie at all this so I don't know how to do meshes..or convert...yet!lol..but I'm hoping I'll learn soon!...Thanks again! :)

Sweet Ambrosia said...

Yes, Amanda, it's a lot of fun once you know at least a little bit. I hope you learn b/c I'd like to see what you come up with :) And thank you again!

Netra said...

Love you & your sister's site! Thank you both for providing us all with such awesome CC in our games. I've definitely bookmarked you guys' site to my favorites. :)

Sweet Ambrosia said...

Thank you Netra! I'm glad you like the site, as I hope all who visit the site will. Thanks for your comments. I appreciate it! :)

Martine said...

I just found your blog and I'm absolutely in love with it, great high quality items and the layout is uber sweet! *off to bookmark*

Sweet Ambrosia said...

Awww, thanks Martine! I'm really glad you like the blog :) I love it too, lol, so thanks a lot for that and your compliments!

Praline said...

sooooo stunning like all of your creations! another must have!!! *DOWNLOAD*

Sweet Ambrosia said...

Thank you Praline :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love how they hang off the wall.

Sweet Ambrosia said...

Thanks a lot :)